David Doolin is a Managing Partner with Petrinovich Pugh & Company, LLP (PP&Co). David has been with PP&Co since 1992, becoming a partner in 1997, and a Managing Partner in 2018. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and a Master’s in Taxation from Golden Gate University.
As a managing partner at PP&Co, David is responsible for providing tax and business consulting for closely held businesses, their owners, and families. He specializes in the taxation of real estate, the issues surrounding multigenerational family-owned businesses and technology and helps his clients manage taxation of complex partnership formations and capital structures. In addition, he is active in the Firm’s Real Estate and Hospitality practices, conducts investigations and analyses for attorneys and other clients regarding discovery matters, and provides expert witness testimony in business disputes concerning loss calculations and accounting issues. David holds Securities licenses (Series 66 and 7) and splits time between our San Jose and Santa Cruz Offices.
We asked…David Answered
What valuable lesson have you learned in your profession that you’d like to pass along to others just starting out?
No matter what challenges we may face, when dealing with colleagues or clients and their families, empathy, integrity and availability are paramount to a successful long-term relationship.
What will you leave as your legacy when you are no longer actively involved in public accounting?
An organization that has a philosophy of service to its coworkers, clients and community… a strong financial base so that it may serve for many years to come.
How do you measure success?
When a client or coworker speaks of our relationship in terms of 10’s and 20’s of years… that is success.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Community Foundation of Santa Cruz County, Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee Treasurer
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- City of Santa Cruz Police Chief’s Advisory Committee
- Kuumbwa Jazz Society, Member, Board of Trustees and Finance and Audit Committees
- Santa Cruz Yacht Club, Member
- Menlo Country Club, Member
- Cabrillo College President’s Circle