SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | TAX
Petrinovich Pugh & Co LLP is recruiting a Senior Administrative Assistant. We are a well-established and dynamic accounting firm located in downtown San Jose since 1951. Our depth of knowledge and expertise, combined with an extensive alliance network, allows us to become a true partner in our clients’ financial success. As a smaller firm, we seek to attract and retain professionals who appreciate a fun, friendly environment in which to grow their careers.
The Senior Administrative Assistant oversees the administrative and operational functions and support of the Tax Department for the Firm. He/She is responsible for performing administrative duties and managing operational processes such as tax return e-filing and project scheduling, while offering guidance and supervision to staff assistants. This individual will maintain a high level of professionalism and ethical standards in communication with both external and internal contacts.
- Monitor workload and schedules of all tax preparers and reviewers for incoming tax projects
- Assist senior leadership in the overall management of the tax department in one or more locations
- Manage daily operations; processes, planning and scheduling, adhering and contributing to standardized processes across all business unit locations
- Coordinate and facilitate filing of tax return extensions
- Handle all communication and resolution of E-file tax returns
- Manage and coordinate distribution of tax organizers
- Oversee scanning of client tax documents
- Oversee and monitor the assembly of tax returns
- Coordinate tax mailings
- Respond to client requests for tax returns and documents in a timely matter
- Coach and mentor along with overseeing the workload of the entire administrative team
- Provides support to the Partners as needed
- 5-8 years of administrative experience, prior experience in and accounting firm is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Process-oriented; ability to identify inefficiencies in processes and assist in the design of streamlined processes